Xenon Flash Arms provide a powerful and fast burst of light that is perfect for freezing subjects in macro photography. The Flash Arm can be identified by the black colour of the anodised metal at the base of the arm and its larger head, which packs the powerful xenon flash.
Xenon Flash Arms provide the second style of lighting to the Adaptalux studio. It means Adaptalux can now utilise both LED and Xenon flash to provide you with the very best light source for your images. Xenon Flash provides a very powerful burst of light, meaning you can use much higher apertures and most importantly it allows you to freeze your subjects in perfect stillness.
Use in combination with LED Lighting Arms for powerful lighting effects, and why not try with a white Lighting Arm that can act as a focusing light.
Light Technology: Xenon Strobe
Colour Temp: 5600K
Length: 38cm (Including connector)
Head Size: 75 x 40 x 23mm
Weight: 120 grams
Flash Speed Times and cheat sheet (The speed of each level. The faster the speed the less powerful the flash):
- Level1: 1/10,000 of a second
- This mode is designed and optimised for Pod 1.0 and low battery mode.
- Level 2: 1/2,000 of a second
- Best setting for getting the most power out of Adaptalux Flash Arms.
- Level 3: 1/4,000 of a second
- Good all rounder setting.
- Level 4: 1/8,000 of a second
- A good all round setting for freezing insects and keeping a good amount of power.
- Level 5: 1/24,000 of a second
- Ideal for freezing extremely fast moving subjects.
Flash power (The power setting of each level. The less power the faster the flash):
- Level 1: Special 1:5 mode (Designed for Pod 1.0 and low battery)
- Level 2: 1:1
- Most powerful Flash output
- Level 3: 1:2
- Level 4: 1:4
- Level 5: 1:12
- Least Powerful Flash output.
Refresh Times (The time it takes for the flash to recharge at optimal battery life):
- Level 1: 0.5 seconds.
- Level 2: 2 seconds.
- Level 3: 1.5 seconds.
- Level 4: 0.5 seconds.
- Level 5: 0.3 seconds.
Max Camera Sync Speed: Up to 1/250 on mirrorless cameras and 1/200 on DSLR.
Battery Life (tested by firing every 10 seconds until Pod battery exhausted):
1 Flash Arm connected:
1800 Flashes at level 5. 3,400 Flashes until battery exhausted.
2 Flash Arms connected:
990 Flashes at level 5. 1,800 flashes until exhausted battery.
Trigger Technology: Modulated InfraRed. Up to 5 metres of range.
Max Power: Up to 8J.
Discharge button. Hold for 7 seconds to safely discharge the built in capacitor after use.