I hope everyone has been having a good summer/winter since the last update, despite the social challenges this year has presented us with.
I would like to drop everyone an update with regards to how this project is progressing. As many of you are aware, the Flash products will now be radio-controlled as we announced in our previous update, alongside further product improvements. This update will bring several key advantages to the product, which will benefit everyone.
During August we received the next generation of the Flash Arm Radio PCB boards for testing, but unfortunately, they had some unexpected problems that need to be resolved. We have also experienced further delays from suppliers and other teams working on this product, again largely due to the disruption Coronavirus brought to businesses and supply chains this year. The effects of Coronavirus is still being felt across the manufacturing industry, although the industry is in a much better place than it was 3 months ago.
Because of all this, I have had to make the decision to postpone the launch date for these products until March 2021, it’s looking highly unlikely we will meet the December date due to the issues highlighted above. Essentially a lot of the pre-production work with suppliers planned for this year has been delayed.
- New Radio Prototypes, Small batch made for testing and certification purposes.
- New Flash Macro video tutorials and Product Demo Videos.
- More tests with the new filter and diffusion design and finalisation.
- Mass production sample batches.
- Updates on mass production.
- Surveys sent out.
- Finalised shipping Schedule.
Coronavirus has brought with it many challenges, but once these challenges are overcome I am confident this product will be amazing and it will transform your macro photographs. Of course, if things happen sooner than expected the launch date will be pulled forwards.
Please continue to carry on placing your pre-orders for this product, your pre-order helps support our development efforts and it also means you get a discount as well.
Sam + the team.
- Adaptalux Flash Update: Further Coronavirus Delays… - 2nd September 2020
- Adaptalux Flash Update: New Features and New schedules - 18th June 2020
- Merry Christmas! 2019 Adaptalux Round-up - 25th December 2019