Another update regarding the PCB problem we encountered last week.
We are pleased to say we have identified the issue on the PCB board samples and have successfully fixed the issue on the samples. We are now working on the most cost effective way of correcting the problem on the other boards with our supplier in China.
This now means we have a fully finished Control Pod here. Everything is working well and we are just fixing a few bugs on the app with regards to the bluetooth connection. We are planning on making some more videos when time allows as we are still busy assembling Control Pod shells. One feature we are particularly pleased with is the battery life, more to come on that in the next update.
We are expecting the finished packaging to arrive by the end of this week.
Now we have a fully working, complete Adaptalux unit we can start to show off some of the features. Firstly, brightness.
Below is the set-up used for brightness testing, the distance between the subject and Lighting Arm head was 10cm, and 20cm from the wall to the Lighting Arm head. This was shot in a room that was well illuminated with indirect natural sunlight due to large glass doors. Camera settings were:-
- Shutter speed 1/100
- ISO 400
We added one white Lighting Arm at a time at maximum brightness. We only went up to 4 Lighting Arms, with a 5th Lighting Arm you will gain another step of brightness.
Please find below a GIF of the brightness test going from no arms to 4 Lighting arms.
We wanted to share with you some photos of the finished products in full in this update, so please enjoy.
THE CONTROL POD
COLOUR FILTERS / DIFFUSERS
ADAPTALUX IN ACTION
Thats it for now, let us know what you think!
- 2020 Adaptalux Round-up and wishing everyone a Merry Christmas! - 21st December 2020
- Adaptalux Flash Update: Further Coronavirus Delays… - 2nd September 2020
- Adaptalux Flash Update: New Features and New schedules - 18th June 2020