These guidelines are for Adaptalux licensees, authorized resellers, developers, customers, and other parties wishing to use Adaptalux’s trademarks, service marks or images in promotional, advertising, instructional, or reference materials, or on their web sites, products, labels, or packaging. Use of any Adaptalux logo for commercial purposes without the prior written consent of Adaptalux may constitute trademark infringement and unfair competition in violation of English laws. Use of Adaptalux trademarks may be prohibited, unless expressly authorized.
If you are a licensee of a Adaptalux trademark or logo and have been provided with special trademark usage guidelines with your license agreement, please follow those guidelines. If your license agreement does not provide usage guidelines, then follow these guidelines. If you are a Adaptalux Authorized Reseller, you may be subject to additional restrictions.
Adaptalux’s trademarks, service marks, trade names, and trade dress are valuable assets. In following these guidelines, you help us protect our valuable trademark rights and strengthen our corporate and brand identities. By using a Adaptalux trademark, in whole or in part, you are acknowledging that Adaptalux is the sole owner of the trademark and promising that you will not interfere with Adaptalux’s rights in the trademark, including challenging Adaptalux’s use, registration of, or application to register such trademark, alone or in combination with other words, anywhere in the world, and that you will not harm, misuse, or bring into disrepute any Adaptalux trademark. The goodwill derived from using any part of a Adaptalux trademark exclusively inures to the benefit of and belongs to Adaptalux. Except for the limited right to use as expressly permitted under these Guidelines, no other rights of any kind are granted hereunder, by implication or otherwise. If you have any questions regarding these guidelines, please talk to your Adaptalux representative or submit your query to Adaptalux’s Trademark Department at firstname.lastname@example.org
Authorized Use of Adaptalux Trademarks
- Advertising, Promotional, and Sales Materials: Only Adaptalux and its authorized resellers and licensees may use a Adaptalux logo in advertising, promotional, and sales materials. Such authorized parties may use a Adaptalux logo only as specified in their agreement with Adaptalux and any associated Guidelines and such use must always be in conjunction with the appropriate terms that define the relationship authorized by their contract with Adaptalux.
- Compatibility: Developers may use Adaptalux or any other Adaptalux word mark (but not a Adaptalux logo or other Adaptalux-owned graphic symbol) in a referential phrase on packaging or promotional/advertising materials to describe that the third party product is compatible with the referenced Adaptalux product or technology, provided they comply with the following requirements:
- The Adaptalux word mark is not part of the product name.
- The Adaptalux word mark is used in a referential phrase such as “runs on,” “for use with,” “for,” or “compatible with.”
- The Adaptalux word mark appears less prominent than the product name.
- The product is in fact compatible with, or otherwise works with, the referenced Adaptalux product.
- The reference to Adaptalux does not create a sense of endorsement, sponsorship, or false association with Adaptalux or Adaptalux products or services.
- The use does not show Adaptalux or its products in a false or derogatory light.
- Publications, Seminars, and Conferences: You may use a Adaptalux word mark in connection with book titles, magazines, periodicals, seminars, or conferences provided you comply with the following requirements:
- The use is referential and less prominent than the rest of the title. Acceptable: XYZ CONFERENCE for Adaptalux Users.
- The use reflects favorably on both Adaptalux and Adaptalux products or technology.
- Your name and logo appear more prominent than the Adaptalux word mark on all printed materials related to the publication, seminar or conference.
- Any Adaptalux-owned graphic symbol, logo, icon or image does not appear on or in the publication or on any materials related to the publication, seminar, or conference without express written permission from Adaptalux.
- A disclaimer of sponsorship, affiliation, or endorsement by Adaptalux, similar to the following, is included on the publication and on all related printed materials: “(Title) is an independent (publication) and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Adaptalux Ltd.”
- A trademark attribution notice is included in the credit section giving notice of Adaptalux’s ownership of its trademark(s). Please refer to the section below titled “Proper Trademark Notice and Attribution.”
- Web Sites: Web sites that serve only as noncommercial electronic informational forums concerning a Adaptalux product or technology may use the appropriate Adaptalux word mark, provided such use complies with the guidelines set forth in Section 3 above.
Unauthorized Use of Adaptalux Trademarks
- Company, Product, or Service Name: You may not use or register, in whole or in part, Adaptalux or any other Adaptalux trademark, including Adaptalux-owned graphic symbols, logos, icons, or an alteration thereof, as or as part of a company name, trade name, product name, or service name except as specifically noted in these guidelines.
- Adaptalux’s Logos and Adaptalux-owned Graphic Symbols: You may not use a Adaptalux logo or any other Adaptalux-owned graphic symbol or icon on or in connection with web sites, products, packaging, manuals, promotional/advertising materials, or for any other purpose except pursuant to an express written trademark license from Adaptalux, such as a reseller agreement.
- Variations, Takeoffs or Abbreviations: You may not use a variation of a Adaptalux logo for any purpose. Third parties cannot use a variation, phonetic equivalent, foreign language equivalent, takeoff, or abbreviation of a Adaptalux trademark for any purpose. For example:
Not acceptable: Adaptaluxtree, AdaptaluxCart, AdaptMart, RunAdapt, SoccerAdaptalux.
- Disparaging Manner: You may not use a Adaptalux trademark or any other Adaptalux-owned graphic symbol, logo, or icon in a disparaging manner.
- Endorsement or Sponsorship: You may not use Adaptalux or any other Adaptalux trademark, including Adaptalux-owned graphic symbols/logos, or icons, in a manner that would imply Adaptalux’s affiliation with or endorsement, sponsorship, or support of a third party product or service.
- Merchandise Items: You may not manufacture, sell or give-away merchandise items, such as T-shirts and mugs, bearing Adaptalux or any other Adaptalux trademark, including symbols, logos, or icons, except pursuant to an express written trademark license from Adaptalux.
- Adaptalux’s Trade Dress: You may not imitate the distinctive Adaptalux packaging, web site design, logos, or typefaces.
- Slogans and Taglines: You may not use or imitate a Adaptalux slogan or tagline.
For example: “Illuminate, Adapt, Create.”
- Domain Names: You may not use an identical or virtually identical Adaptalux trademark as a second level domain name.
Not acceptable: “adaptallux.com” “adaptlux.com” “adaptaluxx.com”
Rules for Proper Use of Adaptalux Trademarks
- Trademarks are adjectives used to modify nouns; the noun is the generic name of a product or service.
- As adjectives, trademarks may not be used in the plural or possessive form.
Correct: I bought two Adaptalux smartwatches.
Not Correct: I bought two Adaptalux’s.
- An appropriate generic term must appear after the trademark the first time it appears in a printed piece, and as often as is reasonable after that.
- Always spell and capitalize Adaptalux’s trademarks in accordance with their registration. Do not shorten or abbreviate Adaptalux product names. Do not make up names that contain Adaptalux trademarks.
Proper Trademark Notice and Attribution
- Distribution Within the United States and EU Only:
- On product, product documentation, or other product communications that will be distributed only in the United States or EU, use the appropriate trademark symbol (TM, SM, ®) the first time the Adaptalux trademark appears in the text of the advertisement, brochure, or other material.
- Properly display the correct trademark symbol, spelling of the trademark, and generic term to use with the trademark.
- Include an attribution of Adaptalux’s ownership of its trademarks within the credit notice section of your product, product documentation, or other product communication.
Following are the correct formats:
_________ and _______ are registered trademarks of Adaptalux Ltd.
_________ and _______ are trademarks of Adaptalux Ltd.
- Distribution Outside the United States and EU:
- Do not use trademark symbols on products, product documentation, or other product communications that will be distributed outside the United States and EU.
- Use one of the following international credit notices:
_________ is a trademark of Adaptalux Ltd. registered in the U.S. and other countries.
_________ is a trademark of Adaptalux Ltd.
Depictions of Adaptalux Products
- Endorsement or Sponsorship: Adaptalux does not support the use of its logos, company names, product names, or images of Adaptalux products by other parties in marketing, promotional or advertising materials as their use may create the perception that Adaptalux endorses or sponsors the product, service or promotion.